Monday, February 18, 2013

I'm Hooked!

I guess my post title today would be more appropriate if I was going to talk about crocheting, but now that I've rediscovered knitting, it's true... I'm hooked!!

As I've mentioned before, it's been decades since I last had knitting needles in my hands, but I was determined to give it a try.  I thought that by starting out with something small like a dishcloth would be the best way to go.

**Warning: This first picture may be disturbing to some viewers... especially if you are a skilled knitter.**                                           

Now that I've had more practice, my 1st attempt even makes me cringe!

There are thousands of dishcloth patterns out there, so I thought I would attempt a few different ones, to see which one I liked the best.  Jody's birthday was right around the corner, so I thought, why not make some to go along with her gift?  Thank goodness for Youtube videos. They really helped to refresh my memory with all kinds of tips and techniques.

I felt like my Nana was there right along beside me as I worked away on these; using the same needles she used for her many years of knitting.


When she opened her gift, Jody made the comment that she just threw away 3 dishcloths that had seen better days, so I was happy to give her some new ones to use.  (No, I didn't give her the one in the first picture!)


As I like to say... if you have to wash dishes by hand, why not have some pretty dishcloths to do the job?

Tracey

3 comments:

Cole said...

Love them! Good for you for dusting off those needles & refreshing your skills!!

CanuckLulu said...

Way to go, Tracey. I love to knit and this past summer I made endless face cloths for my son's gf. She makes and sells her own soaps and skin emollients and the unbleached cotton cloths made for a nice little package with her home made items. I have to say that I used innumerable patterns but I have to try a couple of yours. I am just examining the purple/orange one and the dark green one to see if I can reproduce those patterns. Thanks for the inspiration! L xx

Chantelle said...

These look great, Mom! I love that you're using Nana's needles :) I bet she is right there and feeling so proud and happy that you're putting them back to work! <3

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...