Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Bunch of "Firsts"

A new project is on the knitting needles, and as I was working on it today, I got to thinking; for some reason, there sure are a bunch of "firsts" involved with this particular project...
  1. First time using this type of yarn - James C. Brett Marble Chunky ( I wish it had a colour "name" )
  2. First time using bamboo needles (love them!)
  3. First time using circular needles (not as complicated as I thought they were going to be)
  4. First time using a stitch marker (technically an old earring; but it does the job)
  5. First time knitting a shawl 

I guess it's not unusual to have so many firsts when you are fairly new to a hobby, but for some reason, it made just made me smile. 


Another thing that made me smile, was finally finding a use for this neat basket that I've had for almost 2 years.  When my daughter got married in British Columbia, my son-in-law's Mom found a local artisan who made these baskets and bought a few to use at the reception.  I was lucky enough to get to bring one home, and I never knew what to use it for until now.  

It even has a place to hang my scissors! :-)

Tracey

4 comments:

Barb said...

Good going on all your firsts!

Rita said...

Have fun!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

There's something about a new hobby that encourages many firsts. Congratulations and may the 1st be with you.....Cheers

Anonymous said...

I love that yarn thats what I am doing my wip granny square blanket in

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...