A new project is on the knitting needles, and as I was working on it today, I got to thinking; for some reason, there sure are a bunch of "firsts" involved with this particular project...
- First time using this type of yarn - James C. Brett Marble Chunky ( I wish it had a colour "name" )
- First time using bamboo needles (love them!)
- First time using circular needles (not as complicated as I thought they were going to be)
- First time using a stitch marker (technically an old earring; but it does the job)
- First time knitting a shawl
I guess it's not unusual to have so many firsts when you are fairly new to a hobby, but for some reason, it made just made me smile.
Another thing that made me smile, was finally finding a use for this neat basket that I've had for almost 2 years. When my daughter got married in British Columbia, my son-in-law's Mom found a local artisan who made these baskets and bought a few to use at the reception. I was lucky enough to get to bring one home, and I never knew what to use it for until now.
It even has a place to hang my scissors! :-)