Thursday, August 30, 2012

Meet Gigi!

People that are non-stitchers often ask me; when I see a pattern, how do I know that I want to stitch it?  That can be a difficult question to answer, but I guess I'd have to say that I follow my heart... that the pattern often "speaks" to me.

Well,  I recently saw one of these patterns during my first visit to Linda Lee's blog over at Cross 'N My Stitches.  That's where I met Gigi a.k.a. "Gigi's Garden" from By The Bay Needleart.  

Linda Lee had just finished stitching her, and I commented on how much I loved the finished product!  I had done a search for the pattern on By The Bay's site but didn't have any luck finding it, so I also asked Linda Lee if she by chance knew whether or not it was OOP. Linda Lee replied to me by saying that if I sent her my address, she would send her used pattern out to me in the mail!  Her reply caught me completely by surprise and brought tears to my eyes.  I thank you again Linda Lee -  from the bottom of my heart!!

Linda Lee added a sweet hand written note along with the pattern.

I anxiously awaited Gigi's arrival to Canada and couldn't wait to choose some fabric from my stash, and gather up the needed DMC floss.  Once she had reached her destination, I did a floss toss and decided that this 28 ct. Cashel hand-dyed linen called Meadowmist was "Gigi worthy".

 
 As you can see, I'm not very far on her yet, but what I've completed so far has been a very fun stitch indeed!  I need to work upwards a bit on her though and get her face stitched... I will then have someone to "look at" while stitching :-)

You may be wondering... why did this specific pattern speak to me and touch my heart when I first saw it?  Well, it reminded me of my beautiful, red-headed, blue-eyed daughter Chantelle, and her love of gardening and nature.


Now, thanks to the kindness of a complete stranger, whenever I put my needle to thread while working on this pattern, I feel that Chantelle is physically closer to me than the 3 hours away that she actually is...

...and that truly makes my heart sing.

Tracey

6 comments:

CalamityJr said...

What a beautiful post - both the kindness of a fellow blogger and your reason for wanting that particular design. Enjoy every stitching moment!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful post Tracey. I can't wait to meet Gigi.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Cheers to whatever makes your heart sing and, well, just seeing those smiling faces makes this heart sing.

Catherine said...

Oh my gosh! That piece is perfect for your daughter!!

Leslie said...

That is super sweet!!! Your daughter is gonna love it!!!! Have a great new week.

Leslie said...

I almost forgot... I bought that halloween picture at a store called kirklands. They have a website. The coolest part of it is that it lights up. Go check it out!!! : )

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...