Friday, December 9, 2011

First Snowfall 2011

Woke up this morning to look out my bedroom window and see a white covering of snow.  Just enough to make the decorating I did outside this week look even more festive.


As I came down the stairs, I had to chuckle... I noticed these 2 snowmen smiling-  peeking out of their summer (and spring, and fall) "home"  as if to say... "Let us out!  Winter is here!" .


I guess I'd better get busy and find them a special spot to sit for their wintertime stay...

Tracey

5 comments:

staci said...

Your snow and sled w/angel looks very festive! Let those snowmen out of the box!!!

Tracey said...

Thanks Staci! What the angel is hanging on is actually an old door.

The door came from the basement of the house I grew up in (and my Dad lived in his whole life). It led to a little room which I think was originally used as a "cold room" (which was why I think it had the door on it), where the items they canned and stuff like that were kept. About 5 years ago my Dad decided to remove it. Knowing my love of things "old" he asked if I wanted it :^)

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

have I got a spot for those Snowmen... and really, what's a couple more when you have over 500, they'd sure blend in. lol
Have a great weekend and I love the outdoor decorating.
Be always in snowmen....wooooops stitches.

Chantelle said...

Looks great Mom! Did you take those photos with your new camera?
And who posed the snowmen - you or Dad? ;P

Tracey said...

Believe it or not, neither one of us did!

I had been digging in that tote the day before, getting other snowmen to put outside. Just stuck the stuff back inside that I wasn't using, and when I came down the stairs today they seemed like they were peeking... just made me laugh :^) (Oh, and I haven't taken the time yet to sit down and figure out my new camera.)

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...