Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Better Late Than Never

Rewind to December 2010. I stitched 2 ornaments-- one for my daughter, and the other for my (then) future son-in-law.  Santa then tucked them into their stockings for Christmas morning.

For many years, one of our favourite Christmas films to watch as a family is "It's A Wonderful Life", so when I saw this pattern on The Sampler Girl's Blog I knew just the person to stitch it for... Chantelle.  


 Martin has a few different sock monkey items (which in my opinion is the start of a "collection"), so the particular pattern I chose for him was staring right at me on the cover of the 2010 issue of Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments.

Now, I said at the beginning of this post that I stitched the ornaments in December 2010.   Fast forward to the end of November 2011 and that was when I finally got around to finishing them.  I borrowed Bonnie's sewing machine and spent an evening putting them both together.


Once I got going, it didn't really take that long at all (you can see the backing material I used for each one in the first picture).  I then sent them off in the mail as a little surprise for the newlyweds.  I thought maybe they would like to have them as part of their Christmas decor for the month of December...

...plus don't you think it's kind of fun to get a little unexpected package in the mail during the holiday season?

Happy ornament stitching everyone!  :^)

Tracey

2 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

ah, your always thinking of others. What a nice surprise for them.
Be always in stitches.

Catherine said...

So cute!!

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...