Saturday, November 12, 2011

Paydirt!!

Shopping this past Thursday was sure worth the trip! 

My Mom and I went to the thrift store Value Village that day ... she headed to the clothes, I headed to the framed pictures and I am so glad I did!

For a grand total of just $31.56 I came home with all of these-


Now usually I am checking for frames I can re-use for my cross stitch pieces, but this time around I got a few that I will use as is in my home .

The first one I spotted was this beauty (and only $7.99!) released in 1983 by the talented Trisha Romance called  "Home Again" .  Who doesn't dream of having a home like this in the country in the wintertime ... lighting a fire, a pot of soup simmering on the stove and sitting down to stitch with your cup of tea while the snow gently falls outside...  Such serenity!


The next one that went into my cart (for $4.99) was this pretty print of the waterfront in Toronto with the famous CN Tower in the background.  When I originally saw this one, I wanted it for just the frame but at closer inspection I really liked the picture too.  Perhaps it will find a new home with my daughter and son-in-law who live in Toronto??  :^)

The square frame on this next picture is what I first noticed ($5.99).  Square frames seem hard to find.  When I looked at the back of this one there was info about the artist Kathy Rath (who was born in the city of Sarnia not far from here).  This picture is called "Loughead House" which I tried to find information about without much luck.


 I'm really torn with this next one.  Being a stitcher, I know the time and love we put into each piece we stitch, so it made me feel sad to see someone's needlepoint piece sitting on the shelf.  I would probably re-use the frame on this one since needlepoint isn't really my taste.  If there's someone out there that would be happy to give the needlepoint part of this picture a new home, send me an email! 


The last three pictures I bought have quite old frames, so I was very drawn to them.  They will definitely be re-used with stitched pieces of my own.


 I'd better get busy stitching, so off to my chair I go!!

Tracey

4 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Great finds there Tracey.
Be always in stitches

staci said...

You found some really awesome frames! Looks like you're going to be busy!

Teresa said...

I'm always on the hunt for pretty old frames, too. You hit the jackpot, that's for sure!

Anne said...

I'm always hunting for new frames, but even in our thrift stores here in BC, Canada, they are expensive. Like the large frame would be over $40!! Great finds though!!

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...