Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tis the Season

I decided to buy this pretty book by Blackbird Designs about a year ago when I fell in love with one of the patterns in it.  This pattern just so happens to have one of my favourite red birds in it (see last post).

Cover Picture

The odd time when I pick a new pattern to stitch, the supplies for that piece can be quite pricey.  This is one of those times. So I bought what I needed in stages- with the fabric being Stage #2...

32ct. Pear by Lakeside Linens

Stage #3- About a month ago I was itching to buy something "stitchy" (more so than usual), so I thought this would be the perfect time to buy the silk floss I needed.  This is the first time I've ever tried Belle Soie floss by Crescent Colours... they feel heavenly to the touch- and such pretty colours.  Can't wait to actually stitch with them!


Notice the cute little gold flowerpot scissors?  Well, they just happened to fall into my "cart" while shopping online  :^) ... a girl can always use a new pair of scissors, right?

Now when will I begin to stitch this you ask; now that I have all my supplies together ??  That's a good question...

I will keep you posted...

Tracey

2 comments:

Siobhán said...

Love the new stash! I have that BBD book and am eager to stitch both the cardinal and the cover sampler. Enjoy your Belle Soie silks--they are wondeerful.

Pumpkin said...

Don't you just LOVE that book? And the BS silk is awesome to work with. You'll love it :o)

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...