Saturday, April 16, 2011

Birthday Wishes and Black Swans

It was windy and raining when I woke up today, but that did not dampen my mood one bit.  Greeting me as I came down the stairs today was this gorgeous bouquet of flowers that Jody sent me for my birthday yesterday.  What a lovely surprise! And how nice it was to have such a splash of colour on such a gloomy day outside.  My birthday was filled with many wishes, gifts and offerings and I am so grateful for all my family and friends and their thoughtfulness.  
Surprise delivery from Jody.
So while we are on the topic of Jody let's announce her latest achievement.  Jody arrived at my house last week for our 'cross-stitch night' with only ONE basket.  Now you have to know Jody;  Jody is to traveling light on cross-stitch nights as Bonnie is to doing things small.  It just doesn't happen.  So this month marked a momentous occasion for her.  One basket.  Half full upon arrival, and half full upon departure.  Normally, Jody marches in with a  full size tote, a large wheelie suitcase and her wooden tiered sewing  box.  Congratulations Jody.  Lessons to Bonnie please. 


When Anita arrived last week, she gave me my birthday gift.  She had made me a needle-minder.  What the heck is a needle-minder you say?  Well it's a very strong magnet housed inside a covered button and another magnet adheres to the back.  You place the needle-minder on your cross-stitch project and it holds your needle in place when not in use.  Anita cross-stitched the tiny design in silk threads.  It's absolutely adorably useful.  I attached it to the homemade card she made me and you can see it in the picture below. 

Tracey invited me over last night for dinner and a movie and how could I possibly resist.?  I didn't have to cook on my birthday, I could sit and relax, cross-stitch  AND watch Black Swan.  Although I must say I was a little disappointed that Tracey did not greet me  at the door in her Oscar gown this time.   Before dinner we went for a nice walk with her dog Willow and then we left to go pick up dinner (apparently Tracey doesn't cook on my birthday either...).  Just before we ate Tracey gave me my card and it was pretty thick.  I wondered what was inside.  She's famous for giving me cross-stitch patterns  or material and I wondered which could it be.  Surprise.  Not a pattern or material.  It was a dishcloth made from the new yarn she discovered and had only just bought last week.  I knew she had made one for herself, but I had no idea she had whipped one up just for me.  This new yarn is super soft, I love it. Thanks Tracey.!!  For all you faithful followers and cat lovers -  if you click on the picture to enlarge it, you will notice that Sushi made it on the blog once again. 

When Tracey had invited me over she said, "Be sure to bring your cross-stitch, although I don't know how much we'll get done watching this movie.  I hear it's pretty intense."  My response was, "How appropriate that you mention to bring my cross-stitch while we are watching Black Swan because I'm working on a ballerina pattern for a little girl who is in a dance class".

While on the drive to pick up our food, there just happened to be a liquor store right next door. To enhance our evening further I said to Tracey, "You get the food, and I'll get the booze!"   I grabbed a very large bottle of Peach Schnapps to go with our Orange Juice.  After all, what better way to get your daily serving of two fruits. 

Note of caution:  Fuzzy Navels + Black Swans = Weird Dreams.   Don't do it.

Bonnie 
P.S.  Thanks again everyone for all the birthday wishes!  It was a great day.

3 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

me, me, me, me, meeeeeeee, a hehm,,,,,
well, if I'da known it twas your Birthday we'da baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake, if I'd a known it twas your Birthday ,,, awe hell, fuzzy navels are far better anyway. Good choice girls. Happy Birthday Bonnie with Many Happy Returns.

Trina said...

Glad you had such a great birthday!! Can't wait to see you girls next month at retreat!! Happy Birthday and Happy Stitching!!

staci said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday! It looks like your sweet friends spoiled you nicely :)

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...