Sunday, February 13, 2011

Vintage Valentines

Happy Valentines Day and allow me to celebrate the good old fashioned way by sending a Valentine from the early 1900's.  It's a good thing I love vintage items because I have inherited quite a few from my Aunt's possessions. Some of the cards from this collection date back as far as 1902 and the stamps on them are one cent stamps.  One of my 'projects' is to carefully sort all these cards and put them in chronological order so I can include  them on the blog during the holidays throughout the year.  As you can see from the photos that they are pretty delicate.  I have found a photo album that has clear pictures so you can see both sides of the card without disturbing it from the album.  I wonder how long they will last and which one of my kids will be interested in inheriting this album someday???  Stay tuned for more and ...Enjoy.






 




1 comment:

Chantelle said...

So cool Bonnie!!! I love that you have all of those. Thanks for sharing :)
The last one is definitely my favourite, hehe.

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...