Saturday, January 22, 2011

Have A Heart

What a fun, quick crochet project this was! Thanks to Hillery over at 22 Threads for the link to the instructions. It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and I had it stitched up from start to finish in just one evening. Bonus!!


I got the yarn from the very limited selection at our Dollar Store (I would have preferred the yarn to be less bulky), so then if I messed up I wouldn't be out a lot of cash. I have to say, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I normally don't have much luck with a pattern that is done in "rounds" :^)


Now, my Valentine decor usually doesn't go up until the first of Feb., so that's why you don't see anything else in celebration of that day. I just wanted to share a picture now so that way all you crocheters out there could get a head start on your own heart garland.


Oh, and just a reminder, you still have time to get in on the draw we are having to celebrate our very 1st Bloggiversary! You can find out all of the details here along with a peek at all of the goodies you could win. We hope you will join in the fun!

Tracey

2 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Those hearts are adorable, and they will look so nice with all of the rest of your Valentine decorations.
Be always in stitches.

Hillery said...

Wow!!! You are fast. It looks amazing. I have done 12 hearts and I steam blocked them this morning. I've never blocked acrylic before, but some say it can be done. They turned out pretty good. I am stringing them together tonight. After finishing the chain I am going back over it with slip stitches to make the chain a little sturdier. I hope to have a pic by tomorrow.

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...