Friday, September 17, 2010

Look out Martha!

Today I decorated... And in record time.
This pumpkin topiary took me a total of 4.5 minutes and that included removing the pumpkins from out of the van and then ripping the price tags off the leaf picks.
That's right my friends, Martha has met her match.




Meet The Gourds

Isn't it sweet how they watch over their young one?
I love how the baby looks up to mommy and daddy.
I think mamma could use a little Mary Kay moisturizer though....



The entire ensemble....


What a gorgeous day it was today.
Now if I could only find the ambition to cut the grass....

Bonnie

7 comments:

Tina said...

Omg.....I love it, especially the gourds, that's priceless....way to go Bonnie.....Martha has nothing on you.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

that's ok Bonnie, I cut our grass so you can relax. I totally believe in sharing the chores. You decorated, I mowed... now we stitch. It can't get any better than that.
Be always in stitches.

Unknown said...

A beautiful porch display. If we put out real pumpkins this early, they would only last 4 days before they were "baked".

Love the Gourd family. I will have to post my fake gourd geese on my blog.

Tracey said...

You made THREE more topiaries, right?? :^)

Bonnie said...

Oh Tracey, you are so funnneee.

Hillery said...

Oh my Gosh!!!! I love your gourds. They are stunning and your topiary is better than Martha's. Amazing.

Bonnie said...

The gourds are quite popular both in blog comments and emails I am receiving. I stumbled across the largest one first and thought - 'A bird! How cute' And I put it down. Then as I was rooting through the pile I found the 'mother' and thought ... 'A bumpy bird!' (must be cellulite...) And I put it down. Then I saw the little one and I couldn't believe the markings that looked like bright little eyes. And so... I knew I must adopt this family, but then I had to go back through the wagon load of gourds to locate the entire family. I confess I'm losing a little bit of sleep at night wondering if I left any siblings behind.

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...